Our mission statement comes from Mark 12:29-31. It is “Love Jesus, Love Like Jesus”. Our core value statements are:
Undeserved Forgiveness We believe in the love of God that redeems us through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.
Transformed Lives We believe in the power of God that transforms us through the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
Developing Heart Habits We believe the Word of God and prayer are essential to our relationship with God, empowering believers to live according to God’s design.
All-In Serving We believe God calls us to serve passionately and give generously to our community and the world.
Growth in Community We believe the church should disciple those of all ages and backgrounds, encouraging believers to become more like Jesus lived and taught.
Unconditional Love We believe we are called to be a welcoming and accepting community of humble believers.
Authentic Community We believe we are meant to worship together as an expression of praise and thanksgiving to God.
In essential beliefs – we have unity “There is one Body and one Spirit… there is one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and one God and Father of us all…” Ephesians 4:4-6
In non-essential beliefs – we have liberty. “Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters… Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls… So then each of us will give an account of himself to God… So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God.” Romans 14:1,4,12,22
In all our beliefs – we show charity. “…If I hold in my mind not only all human knowledge but also the very secrets of God, and if I have the faith that can move mountains – but have no love, I amount to nothing at all.” I Corinthians 13:2 (Ph)
The Essentials We Believe The Church of the Nazarene has 15 Articles of Faith. These statements are available in their completeness with Scripture references to support them by clicking here. Here is a summary of our beliefs in less technical language: 1. We believe in one God, the Creator of all things, Who reveals Himself as Father, Son and Spirit.
2. We believe in Jesus Christ, who is fully God and fully man at the same time, who became like us to bring about our salvation.
3. We believe in the Holy Spirit, who is active in the world, bringing us to salvation.
4. We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, giving us all we need to know about how to be saved.
5. We believe that we are all sinners by both nature and act and need God’s forgiveness and cleansing.
6. We believe that Jesus Christ died on the Cross and that, by trusting in His death, we can be restored to a right relation to God.
7. We believe that God has enabled us to turn to Him from sin but that He has not forced us to do so.
8. We believe that each person must repent, turn away from his sins, and trust Christ to accept Him.
9. We believe that when we turn from sin and trust in Christ, the old record of sin is wiped clean, and we are born anew, thus becoming part of the family of God.
10. We believe that after being born anew, we need the fullness of God’s Spirit in our hearts. When we make a complete commitment to Him, He cleanses our spirit, fills us with His perfect love, and gives us the power to live victoriously.
11. We believe in the church who is called into existence by the Holy Spirit to be the Body of Christ. The purpose of the church is to participate in God's mission of salvation in the world.
12. We believe in baptism and urge people to be baptized as Christians. Christian baptism is a practice that offers grace to both the individual and the community.
13. We believe in The Lord's Supper and invite all who want to experience God's grace to participate.
14. We believe God can heal. We pray for healing. We also believe that God can work through medical science.
15. We believe that Jesus Christ is coming again.
16. We believe in the resurrection of the dead and that everyone shall face God's judgment with its rewards and punishments.
Bel Air Church of the Nazarene 2430 Conowingo Road Bel Air, MD 21015